Art film to zombie flick

I watch 'em all

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crazy, Stupid Love

There is a reason they keep churning out rom-coms by the dozens every year - that is because they hope one of them will turn out to be this movie.

To begin with I will admit I'm not a huge fan of Steve Carrell - except in this movie. He started off as a little bit of that character he tends to play all the time that makes my teeth itch, but through the plot device of the movie (being given a "make-over" and training by Ryan Gosling's womanizer character) - he is allowed to become a relatively good-looking normal guy with a pretty wicked sense of humor. You know, a guy you might actually believe was married with two kids to a pretty woman like Julianna Moore.

I, on the other hand, am a huge fan of Emma Stone - and the secondary story of her and Ryan Goslings character has some of my favorite lines from the movie - ones I'm walking around quoting. That is always a good sign for a movie - that I remember it longer than 10 minutes after I turn off the DVD!

This movie also gave me a suprise I totally did not see coming. I probably should have, but I did not, and that is not something that happens often with me!

If you are looking for something light, something feel good, something that makes most women go "awwwwwwww"  - this is one of the best offerings in this genre you could choose to pick. If you are looking for the typical stupid Steve Carrell comedy? Skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment